Stickiness in the center of the bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use fresh used grounds (as in take them out of the coffee filter basket thingie and put them in my soap). Granted, I have only used them in my hp kitchen sink scrubby soap, but they don't cause me a bit of trouble this way. The coffee grounds help scrub crud off hands, and also gets rid of onion/garlic stink.

Thank you, Earlene!

I have used spent coffee grinds twice so far. The first recipe came out more coarse than expected but it wasn't too bad for me. I think it actually works well as a hand bar for grimy activities. This would be about a 2 week lather test. I think it will get better with a few more weeks. Although, there is one thing that I can't seem to overlook.. the soap seems to have a clear look on the exterior of the bar. I don't know exactly why this has happened, it's strange.

I use fresh used grounds (as in take them out of the coffee filter basket thingie and put them in my soap). Granted, I have only used them in my hp kitchen sink scrubby soap, but they don't cause me a bit of trouble this way. The coffee grounds help scrub crud off hands, and also gets rid of onion/garlic stink.

Do you add fragrance to your coffee ground soap? Or do the coffee grounds alone do the job?

Neither coffee grounds or coffee for the water will scent the soap. You have to add fragrance.

My apologies, I meant to ask more specifically if the coffee grounds are enough to remove the garlic/onion scent from the hands or if you also had to add fragrance for that.

My apologies, I meant to ask more specifically if the coffee grounds are enough to remove the garlic/onion scent from the hands or if you also had to add fragrance for that.

Yes, that is just the coffee grounds.

Latest posts

Back