sticker shock: want to make my own

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like to make my own wooden wick candle just for my use; I have no interest in selling - just refuse to pay $18.00 for one!

Where is a good place to start learning? (without investing a whole lot of money)? Are the instructions on Nature's Garden adequate? Am I going to find that the money involved in learning is going to be way more than the price of a couple of Woodwick candles?

I don't make candles but when I wanted to learn how to make soap Youtube was a great resource. Particulary because I am a visual learner, seeing it done and coming here to this forum to find out the why, what and wheres was and still is a great way to learn.
If you don't find enough info on this forum, I am sure there are some good candle making forums out there.
The good thing about Nature's Garden is they have a lot of reviews on their products and they will tell how their fragrances will behave in candles and soap.
Good luck!

I recently decided to try my hand at candlemaking too, lol. They're going to make great Christmas gifts and use up FO's that I don't like in soap but are nice as room scents. I went to Peak Candle Supply online and found some really good beginner tutorials. I had a few more detailed questions so emailed and called them. They were right on top of communication so I had all my info in just a few hours. I used canning jars as my containers, bought what I needed from them, and the cost was about $4 per 9oz candle. I also decided to try making wax tarts in clamshells which cost a bit over a dollar per 2.8oz of scented, colored wax. Both were extremely fun to make and I'll definitely be making more. Good luck!

ETA: Peak also has starter kits that will include everything you need to make several candles.

Last edited:
Rusticescentuals.com has a lot of tutorials in their library section. I think their main focus is candle supplies and scents.

Latest posts

Back