Sticker label question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can I put Avery-type sticker labels directly on the soap bar? Will they come off easily when you're ready to use the soap? Do they become more difficult to remove over time?

I've been using cigar-band labels, but they're time-consuming and tedious to cut. Recently I started shrink-wrapping and putting the sticker labels on that, but I'm wondering if maybe I can just put the labels directly on the soap?

@AliOop I found her post on this. Sounds like she put the labels on the soap and then wrapped them. She said her brand "didn't stick as bad as Avery."
So maybe some are hard to get off months later, some are not?

I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try. Trouble is, it will be a long time to know if direct-on-the-soap is a good idea or not, and it sounds like the answer may be different for each brand of label. Sure would be simple and convenient if it works!

Last edited:
Can I put Avery-type sticker labels directly on the soap bar? Will they come off easily when you're ready to use the soap? Do they become more difficult to remove over time?

I've been using cigar-band labels, but they're time-consuming and tedious to cut. Recently I started shrink-wrapping and putting the sticker labels on that, but I'm wondering if maybe I can just put the labels directly on the soap?
No, avery labels will not come off easily. I used them for years and my customers did not complain since they will wash off, but I changed to these labels which were cheaper and did not stick as badly, but I was putting my labels under shrink wrap. My cheaper brand would not hold well enough if you are not shrink wrapping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FLH3QP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No, avery labels will not come off easily. I used them for years and my customers did not complain since they will wash off, but I changed to these labels which were cheaper and did not stick as badly, but I was putting my labels under shrink wrap. My cheaper brand would not hold well enough if you are not shrink wrapping. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FLH3QP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for chiming in on this. I use 2" round labels, and your brand doesn't appear to offer that size. There's a number of companies that do, but it would take buying them all and waiting months to see how they do long-term (both for staying on until sold and coming off for use later).

A few customers complained about "excess packaging" when I started shrink-wrapping, and although the wrap is billed as "smell-thru", it does make it harder to smell the soaps. It would be such a convenience to just stick the labels directly to the soaps. Sounds like the Avery labels might be a nuisance to wash off?

@AliOop I found her post on this. Sounds like she put the labels on the soap and then wrapped them. She said her brand "didn't stick as bad as Avery."
So maybe some are hard to get off months later, some are not?

I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try. Trouble is, it will be a long time to know if direct-on-the-soap is a good idea or not, and it sounds like the answer may be different for each brand of label. Sure would be simple and convenient if it works!
It probably also depends on the specific recipe of soap upon which you place an adhesive label. For example a soap with lanolin as an ingredient probably would shed the adhesive faster and easier than a soap without lanolin.

Latest posts

Back