Stick Blenders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPowers

Reaction score
When I started this journey, I bought a cheapish stick blender from Amazon. It actually worked fine but what I didn't r!ealize when I bought it, was that the stick did not separate from the blender - making it a real mess to clean.

After several soaps, I decided I would use the stick blender from my kitchen. This blender creates bubbles Like I've never seen before - and I burb it all the time. My last 3 batches have tiny pin holes throughout - I wrote about that on the batch before last - I tried fixing them 'after' I sprayed with alcohol and really made a mess.

The batter I made yesterday sat awhile in the bowl while I was doing other stuff and it's not as bad but still has quite a few...

Has anyone had this kind of a problem? Any recommendations for a stick blender that works well for you? Thanks,

I own this particularly awesome model made by Hamilton beach. Mine is 15 years old and amazingly is still going strong. I have a backup of the same model but I haven't had need to use it yet because my original is still humming along fine. lol The wand detaches and the unique shape and shallow depth of it's bell are such that I never get bubbles and never have to burp it. It's most awesome. I had thought this particular model had become obsolete, but it looks like this seller on Amazon has a good handful of them. Personally, I'd snag one before they sell out.

IrishLass :)

I used my new stick blender today and it is night and day compared to my other one. No bubbles at all! I find the buttons on top of the blender a bit awkward but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Now I'm sad... I had one of those models and gave it away bc I could never completely get parts of it clean. My memory is a bit vague, but as best as I recall, there was a plastic sleeve over the blending shaft, and stuff would sometimes get up in there that I couldn't get out. But I do remember that the batter was always bubble-free - not the case with my cheap Bella brand from Walmart. My husband normally doesn't get involved in my soaping but asked me NOT to use my good Cuisinart for soap. He rarely asks for much, or complains about my soap spending, so it's only fair to honor him in that request. But now I'm thinking that perhaps I should get one of these Hamilton Beach models for the inevitable day that the Bella bites the dust. 🤔

I was having a horrible time with my 'good' stick blender - the tiniest bubbles ever and I just couldn't get them out. This one is amazing! I had no trouble cleaning it at all. The bell of the blender is a somewhat clear plastic and very easy to clean.

I own this particularly awesome model made by Hamilton beach. Mine is 15 years old and amazingly is still going strong. I have a backup of the same model but I haven't had need to use it yet because my original is still humming along fine. lol The wand detaches and the unique shape and shallow depth of it's bell are such that I never get bubbles and never have to burp it. It's most awesome. I had thought this particular model had become obsolete, but it looks like this seller on Amazon has a good handful of them. Personally, I'd snag one before they sell out.

IrishLass :)
Oh nooooo! All gone. Searching the forum for recommendations. All the ones I see the bell is too deep and/or too solid.

Last edited:
Oh nooooo! All gone. Searching the forum for recommendations. All the ones I see the bell is too deep and/or too solid.
They have a bunch of new and used Hamilton Beach stick blenders on eBay. I didn't see any with the clear plastic shaft, but also didn't look through all the listings. I have seen them on there before.

I am with IL I love that SB. I have several including an HB that does not come apart with the same type of bell and it works just as well. I also have really never had a cleaning issue with a 1 part stick. I just stick in in soapy water and blend it for a little while.

Back