Stick blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is surprisingly hard to find! All the hardware stores seem to sell copper or aluminium wire, the few stainless steel ones I found were braided... However! I've ordered some orthodontic wire from Wish which looks to be just the thing! Hopefully it will turn up sooner or later and I can try making cutters to my own specs.
You can also order stainless steel wire from a company called : TEMCO Industrial Products out of California.
Here is a link to their webpage with a 25 ft. spool of 22ga. 316L Stainless Steel Annealed Wire:
Stainless Steel Wire 22 AWG RW0544 - 25 FT 0.69 oz SS 316L Non-Resistance AWG

It is free shipping and a spool is around $5.18 or so for the 25 ft. and you usually get it within 3-5 business days. Great company, I've ordered from them before.

You can also order stainless steel wire from a company called : TEMCO Industrial Products out of California.
That's great, but I'm in Ireland! 😁 thanks for the tip though.

Actually the orthodontic wire arrived a couple of days ago and it looks to be just the thing, hoping to give it a try soon.

That's great, but I'm in Ireland! 😁 thanks for the tip though.

Actually the orthodontic wire arrived a couple of days ago and it looks to be just the thing, hoping to give it a try soon.

Éire go Brách!

First, the Austria Mueller SB is so much quieter than my previous ones! It does a nice smooth job of blending with no bubbles. For the price point, I'm very happy with it.

I just found this blender on Amazon.com for $29! It cost me $10 to ship it to Canada but it still works out to $10 less than I can get it at Amazon.ca. 'Score'!! I have a fairly cheap one with a plastic housing and while it still seeems to be performing ok, everytime I use it I wonder if it might die on me! Thanks for the tip!

I just found this blender on Amazon.com for $29! It cost me $10 to ship it to Canada but it still works out to $10 less than I can get it at Amazon.ca. 'Score'!! I have a fairly cheap one with a plastic housing and while it still seeems to be performing ok, everytime I use it I wonder if it might die on me! Thanks for the tip!
I use this same blender, had it for about 18 months. The first one I bought from Amazon has a really noisy bushing in the shaft and would screech louder than any "KAREN" at a HOA meeting! LOL!
The replacement has been alright for food. When blending with CP soap be careful not to get the motor too warm or the internal breaker will kick in and shut it off until it cools down. Avoid any long term continuous blending with it though as the motor will heat up and slow down.

thanks for the tips... I don't make soap every day and lately I've only made it twice in the past month or more which kind of makes me sad but there's just no 'room at the inn' for more atm!

I use this same blender, had it for about 18 months. The first one I bought from Amazon has a really noisy bushing in the shaft and would screech louder than any "KAREN" at a HOA meeting! LOL!
The replacement has been alright for food. When blending with CP soap be careful not to get the motor too warm or the internal breaker will kick in and shut it off until it cools down. Avoid any long term continuous blending with it though as the motor will heat up and slow down.
That’s interesting - I don’t have any of those issues with mine. I even made liquid soap paste which did require some longer blending time, and the SB did not heat up nor slow down. Either I got lucky with the one I received, or you were unlucky?

So as I mentioned earlier, I got the kitchen aide cordless SB... it’s growing on me. I’ve gotten used to the variable speed button, but I just realized after 8- 10 small batches of soap... I’ve lost the charger cord. I can’t for the life of me remember where I put it. It’s around her somewhere and it’s still as powerful as ever, but I will need to find that cord sooner or later! 😳😬🤔

I gonna look into that... the stainless steel hardware wire snaps and breaks rather easily. It not too hard to replace and I have plenty, but it would be nice to not have to replace wires so often. Let me know how it works out for you!

So as I mentioned earlier, I got the kitchen aide cordless SB... it’s growing on me. I’ve gotten used to the variable speed button, but I just realized after 8- 10 small batches of soap... I’ve lost the charger cord. I can’t for the life of me remember where I put it. It’s around her somewhere and it’s still as powerful as ever, but I will need to find that cord sooner or later! 😳😬🤔

I'm thinking of buying that cordless KitchenAid SB! You mentioned air bubbles in your previous reply after you used it for the first time.... Did that happen to you again?? I am so sick and tired of the air bubbles I get with my current one with a deep bell. I'd love to hear your update :)

I'm thinking of buying that cordless KitchenAid SB! You mentioned air bubbles in your previous reply after you used it for the first time.... Did that happen to you again?? I am so sick and tired of the air bubbles I get with my current one with a deep bell. I'd love to hear your update :)

My problem with air bubbles is... I recently discovered I always forget to burp my blender. And I seem to take the bell in & out of the batter a lot too creating more air bubbles! So it’s all my fault and I’ve been very mindful about it and this blender is actually pretty cool! A little heavier than a corded one of course. But I like it. And I found the charger cord (in my bathroom for some odd reason 🤨🤔) & plugged it into a more accessible and permanent place! It holds a charge for a long time in the soap making world and also charges very quickly. I finally figured out how to hold it to make the one button variable speed more for me a little better, but I do miss the speed dial on my corded SB. It’s also pretty easy to clean and has a long enough stick for all of my soaping containers... even my biggest one for my largest batches. I’ve ruined one or two shorter SB getting soap batter into where the stick connects to the motor! So all in all... 👍 👍!

Latest posts

Back