Stick blender

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've broken my second-to-last stickblender. I usually keep three at all times: one for food, one for soap, and one back-up unit in case either of the other two breaks. So, being down to one SB in the house at the moment, that either means no blended soups, or no blended soaps. Y'all can surely guess which priority is going to win that battle. 😂

I've read other threads with recommendations and have taken note. I'm willing to invest a bit of cash if it means that my batter will have less bubbles, and the SB will hopefully last a bit longer, too. Can anyone let me know if you see a good price on a model that you like to use for soaping? TIA!

I have a Cuisinart Smart Stick 200 watts that works really well for me. I almost never use the high speed, perhaps because my total batch size has always been less than 2000 g. I purchased a back up Hamilton Beach SB with a clear bell a few months ago because I thought being able to see into the bell would be useful. It works okay, but it seems to want to suck itself to the bottom of my bowl or cup, which I don’t appreciate.

I have this one, and I adore it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJLJFG6?ref=pd_basp_dp_primaryThe speed is regulated by the trigger near the top of the handle, so you can start pretty slow and speed up or slow down just by trigger pressure. I haven't had issues with air bubbles as long as I burp the bell. Seems I can run it for a while before it gets warm, unless I'm being unreasonable about what I'm asking it to blend.

My favorite is my old braun - it's probably 20 years old now. A friend gave me one that is identical, so I had two motorized parts and two shafts. I say 'had' because, sadly, one of the shafts started incorporating a ton of air into my batter and had to go to greener pastures. It is just a single speed, but never traps air under the bell and I love it. I think that is because the bell is flat.

When I decided to try making soap I had a Christmas list of items. My son and DIL gave me a Cuisinart 2 speed blender. It does trap air under the bell, but with the demise of my beloved Braun I have started using the Cuisinart more and have found that I do really like it. The low speed option is nice, and when I have to replace one or the other, I will definitely look for that feature again.

The kitchen immersion blender I have is a Kitchen-Aid, originally bought with the plan of keeping the Cuisinart for the kitchen and the Kitchen-Aid for soaping. I hated it for soap making - tons of air bubbles no matter what I did. I had some coupons to apply to a great sale and I think I paid $11 or $12 for the KA blender, so a good buy anyway.

When I searched to see if I could find the model I have, I found a couple of the 'vintage' Braun on Amazon for $150 - $200 😲

Thanks everyone for the input! I had one of those HB versions, and it did a great job blending soap. Sadly, I could never clean all of the batter out of the clear plastic sheath over the shaft. The stuff that was stuck in there started to mold, so that one went bye-bye.

I also had a Cuisinart that I loved, till it was burned out while making cream cheese frosting (not an approved use for that model, btw).

Since then it’s been two cheap Bellas and a Braun, all of which incorporate way too much air. I’ll take a close look at all of the ones you have suggested and make a decision soon. Sure appreciate all of you weighing in with specifics about your likes and dislikes!

Last edited:
@Arimara we have similar taste... I have that one in my cart with two others while I compare. My only hesitation with the Mueller is that I don't whether it will be a bubble creator or not. With a fairly flat, small bell, I would hope not. I guess I could order it, try it, and return if it is too bubbly?

I use a Cuisenart smart stick, and it’s my fav. I went through over 5 of them, and finally ended up with this. Doesn’t add bubbles, and it’s easy to use!
Do you have the cordless version, or the corded one? I am toying with the idea of cordless since it has 20 minutes run time per charge. I never SB for that long!

Cuisinart Smart Stick, 2-speed, 200 watts here too, detachable stainless steel shaft that goes in the dishwasher. :thumbs:
Also a vintage Braun that I bought ages ago at a garage sale for $5.00. I use that one for lotion.

Lots of votes for the Cuisinart Smart Stick here. I really liked the looks of that one, especially the cordless model. However, I wanted to stay within the limits of my Christmas giftcard, and still be able to get a log splitter, too. Soooo, I ended up getting the Mueller Austria SB, which also has lots of good ratings. It should be arriving Sunday.

Thanks again to all of you who weighed in; I really appreciate hearing about your experiences. And who knows? If this SB doesn't work out, maybe I'll be upgrading soon. :)

Lots of votes for the Cuisinart Smart Stick here. I really liked the looks of that one, especially the cordless model. However, I wanted to stay within the limits of my Christmas giftcard, and still be able to get a log splitter, too. Soooo, I ended up getting the Mueller Austria SB, which also has lots of good ratings. It should be arriving Sunday.

Thanks again to all of you who weighed in; I really appreciate hearing about your experiences. And who knows? If this SB doesn't work out, maybe I'll be upgrading soon. :)

My finger is hovering over the button to order a Bud Log Splitter! Lol

Latest posts

Back