Stick Blender V Stick Blinder Emulsifier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean can you emulsify a mixture of fat and water using a stick blender? If so, yes.
Yes I wondered if all SB emulsify?. Ive just recently started using a new SB & I've noticed a lot of air bubbles in soap batter even though I burb it prior to turning it on & only blend for few seconds @ a time as little as possible & it doesn't seam to mix as well as my old one. Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question' Much Thx.

Some SB will kick up more bubbles than others depending on the bell design. The more open the bell design the better. I know some folks drill a hole in the top of the stainless steel bells to help lessen bubbles. My favorite that does not make bubbles is an old plastic with a very open bell.

Some SB will kick up more bubbles than others depending on the bell design. The more open the bell design the better. I know some folks drill a hole in the top of the stainless steel bells to help lessen bubbles. My favorite that does not make bubbles is an old plastic with a very open bell.
Thats so interesting' Hmm 🤔😉 I didn't have a clue. I knew something was off w/ this blender thats it! Thx appreciate your info. 👍🏼🧼

Yes, if you are trying to blend water and oil -- two liquids that don't normally want to mix -- a stick blender will mechanically emulsify the mixture.

The mixture won't stay mixed unless you keep blending or unless you also add a chemical emulsifier. Mustard or egg yolk is the chemical emulsifier for a salad dressing. The first bits of soap that form is the chemical emulsifier for soap batter.

Yes, if you are trying to blend water and oil -- two liquids that don't normally want to mix -- a stick blender will mechanically emulsify the mixture.

The mixture won't stay mixed unless you keep blending or unless you also add a chemical emulsifier. Mustard or egg yolk is the chemical emulsifier for a salad dressing. The first bits of soap that form is the chemical emulsifier for soap batter.
Thank you' appreciate your info. Soaping is so scientific & creative all in one.

I have 3 stick blenders: 1 for food, 1 for lotion, (both from thrift stores) and the last one has a stainless steel shaft that goes in the dishwasher. SS is best for making liquid soap, especially glycerin LS that can melt plastic. :eek: Don't ask how I know. :p

Latest posts

Back