Stick Blender one more time!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I have a problem. I'm a "just one more blend to make sure" kind of soaper. Which means that I end up with a heavier trace than I really wanted. It's a really bad habit I'm trying to break. I mean I know I get it to the right trace and it's perfect but for some reason my brain refuses to let me put the stick blender down and before I know it I've pulsed one more time and boom! over the edge I go.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a stick blender anonymous group I can go to for help?

I used to have the same problem. What I do nowadays is I just stickblend for 1 burst of 2-3 seconds and then hand stir. It takes longer but it is easier for me to recognize the stages. (My batches are small though, 1--2 lb. max.)

I used to be that way, but now, once I can see that it's at emulsion I stop. If I feel it's separating, I'll get my whisk and whisk it a bit. Works so much better, and my batter is so much easier to control now, especially with the type of swirls I do.

Ok I have a problem. I'm a "just one more blend to make sure" kind of soaper. Which means that I end up with a heavier trace than I really wanted. It's a really bad habit I'm trying to break. I mean I know I get it to the right trace and it's perfect but for some reason my brain refuses to let me put the stick blender down and before I know it I've pulsed one more time and boom! over the edge I go.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a stick blender anonymous group I can go to for help?
My stick blender has two speeds. I rarely use the high speed, but if I do, things move a lot faster. Maybe you need a stick blender with a “wimpy” setting :D

I've JUST learned to stop at emulsification. But my hand is always ALWAYS twitching to just push the button one more time!

I'd give the video a watch though. I know I had posted it and I watched the entire 26 minutes of it. The soaper is veeery through IMO.

Lemme know if you'd like me to post it here. It's also in the thread called "getting from emulsion to very light trace" and other posters gave amazing tips

It's one of the toughest things I had to learn to overcome. I won't deny it. Also learning when to add which fragrances and colorants plays a huge role in stopping the over blending.

Common problem, hard to break. I finally taught myself to stop at emulsion and stir. Not going to say sometimes I still get a little blender happy if in a hurry.

I've JUST learned to stop at emulsification. But my hand is always ALWAYS twitching to just push the button one more time!

I'd give the video a watch though. I know I had posted it and I watched the entire 26 minutes of it. The soaper is veeery through IMO.

Lemme know if you'd like me to post it here. It's also in the thread called "getting from emulsion to very light trace" and other posters gave amazing tips
I've seen the video. And I know that I need to stop blending, I'm just a "one more time" addict. lol

I've seen the video. And I know that I need to stop blending, I'm just a "one more time" addict. lol

LOL, it's a hard habit to break.

I think I resolved not to stick blend one more time on a trial size batch of soap. I was just trying out trial size fragrances so the stakes weren't high.

If I lost a batch it was just a pound of soap, it wasn't like three pounds or anything nuts, so if it separated, I'd learn an inexpensive lesson.

I guarantee if it had been a larger batch....I would have stick blended one more time ..just to be safe because there is a higher resource investment on a larger batch of soap!

Latest posts

Back