Stick Blender Food recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I have several recipes that I make with my stick blender that are great. That way I don't have to put hot soup in a food processor!

This is the black bean soup recipe from the Waldorf-Astoria Cookbook. As far as I can tell, it's not online, which is a shame b/c it is great!

(Warning: makes a lot)

Ingredients
2 lbs dried black beans
4 Tablespoons sweet butter (I think that means unsalted)
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, finely chopped
3 quarts water
1 teaspoon salt

3 T butter
2 T flour

3 cups chicken stock
1 cup milk

1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sweet butter
Salt
black pepper to taste
1 hard cooked egg, finely chopped.

Soak beans overnight. Discard water.
Sauté onion and carrots with 4 T butter in large soup kettle.
Add beans to soup kettle. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 3 hours or until beans are tender. Stick blend.

Melt 3 T of butter in saucepan. Add flour and stir over low heat until smooth. slowly stir in chicken stock and milk. Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until mixture thickens slightly. Combine with beans in soup kettle and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients except for egg. Continue cooking until soup is very hot. Do not allow the soup to boil after adding cream.

I like to top mine with a bit of sour cream.

ETA: 12 servings, 440 calories each. (doesn't include sour cream)

Last edited:
We now have 3 stickblenders in the house: 1 is mine for soap, 1 for every day, and the triple bladed ninja that can even make blended ice drinks. The food ones probably get used 3 times a week for soups, refried beans, gravy, eggs, drinks, whipped cream... I cant remember the last time I used a blender or food processor - so much easier to use and clean the stickblenders

My favorite is making butternut squash soup with it. I dump everything in the crock pot and after it cooks for 10 hours I stick blend it to a purée. Superb.

I don't have the recipe I used last but I usually just google it and go with the recipe with the best review!

What?!?
You can use stick blenders on FOOD?!?!

Shhhhh! Not so loud! The soap might hear you! lol

I have 4 stickblenders now (2 are back-ups).

galaxyMLP said:
My favorite is making butternut squash soup with it.

Me too! I use a recipe my sis gave me. I split my butternuts in half and roast them in the oven until the flesh is all soft and slightly caramelized. Then I scoop the flesh out and add it to a pot with chicken broth, some honey, freshly grated ginger, freshly grated nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon and allspice and let it simmer about 10 minutes. Next, I take it off the heat, stick-blend it to smoothness, then stir in a little heavy cream. It's really yummy. I don't know if any of y'all have eaten at a restaurant called Paradise Bakery, but it tastes just like theirs.

I like to use my stickblender when making devilled eggs, too. It gets my yolk filling nice and smooth.

IrishLass :)

Fresh Blackberry Margaritas

1 shot Hornitos Tequila
1 shot Triple Sec
5 big blackberries, more if they're small

Optional
If you like sweet, add 1-2 tsp agave nectar to taste
If you prefer more tart, squeeze in the juice from 1/2 lime
If it's too strong, add one part lemonade or lime juice+sweetener

Stick blend! You'll have to dislodge the blackberries from the holes in the stick blender once or twice. I use a skewer. I don't mind the seeds, but you may want to pour it through a strainer. We keep the tequila in the freezer and triple sec in the frig so no ice is required. I think my shot glass is 1.5 oz, but it may be 2 oz.

Latest posts

Back