stick blend HP soap process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
hello members,
have you ever tried stick blending method of making hot process soap ? I am wondering that i could make soap from this method to save my cure period .I also heard the swirl making is easy as in CP,as i never tried HP before .Thanks in advance

Hot process does not reduce the amount of time a soap needs to cure. It can actually cause it to need a longer cure, since HP sometimes uses more water than CP does. Sure, HP is "safe" to use right away, but it undergoes the same structural changes during cure that CP soap does.

hello members,
have you ever tried stick blending method of making hot process soap ? I am wondering that i could make soap from this method to save my cure period .I also heard the swirl making is easy as in CP,as i never tried HP before .Thanks in advance

I am unsure what you mean by stick blending method with HP soap. I use a SB whether I do CP or HP. It has no effect on the cure time whatsoever.

Yes, it's true that swirling in CP is easier (or, rather you have more time for it) when the batter isn't too thick. But it depends on your soap formula, and how thick you make the batter and how intricate your swirls are.

As a new soaper, I tended to OVER blend with the SB, which apparently is a common problem with newbies. What's really needed is only a few short pulses. On-off fairly quickly. The purpose is to reach emulsion, and maybe thin trace. However, with a fast moving formula, a SB is not even necessary and can create thick custard-like consistency in no time flat. Then swirling becomes difficult. Besides that, over stick blending burns out the motor on even heavy duty blenders, so it can be a costly proposition to SB for more than a few seconds at a time.

There is no method that speeds up cure. If there were we would all be using it. :)

If you are looking for a harder bar a bit faster try adjusting you water:lye ratio via your soap calculator.

Very dangerous too. If I'm impatient I'll do a version of it where I keep blending way further past when I need to. However it causes massive and sudden volcanoing!!!! Be very careful.

Back