Stephenson M&P Shampoo Base - Greasy, Little Lather

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillyBee

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this base really, really horrible? I made a trial bar with only fragrance oil added and tried it out today. It barely lathered and felt like I was washing my hair with a bar of lard, I couldn't even bare to see what it was like when my hair dried; I had to use two applications of a commercial liquid shampoo to get it feeling normal. Have I done something wrong, missed something out? It's this one: https://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/cr...our-soap-base-1-to-5-kg-cmpsoshw1to5?___SID=U

Is it just me, or is this base really, really horrible? I made a trial bar with only fragrance oil added and tried it out today. It barely lathered and felt like I was washing my hair with a bar of lard, I couldn't even bare to see what it was like when my hair dried; I had to use two applications of a commercial liquid shampoo to get it feeling normal. Have I done something wrong, missed something out? It's this one: https://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/cr...our-soap-base-1-to-5-kg-cmpsoshw1to5?___SID=U
I don't like Stephenson's products much. That being said If you're looking for a shampoo bar base check out Rustic Escentuals. They have a base for a shampoo bar.

That base is awful. I tried it many years ago. At least that’s my opinion.

I don't like Stephenson's products much. That being said If you're looking for a shampoo bar base check out Rustic Escentuals. They have a base for a shampoo bar.

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I ordered the Rustic Escetntuals solid shampoo base. I was dismayed when it came because it's Stephenson. They didn't even change the package. Since I didn't seen "Stephenson" in the description, I thought it was something different. :smallshrug:

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I ordered the Rustic Escetntuals solid shampoo base. I was dismayed when it came because it's Stephenson. They didn't even change the package. Since I didn't seen "Stephenson" in the description, I thought it was something different. :smallshrug:

Maybe try and return it? Tell them you didn't want Stephenson's

I tried it a long time ago and did not like it at all.

Oh gosh that is horrible. I had no idea. I have used their other bases and I loved them.

Back