Starting to feel disheartened = another failed attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soap in 38 top and so far no problems, I am kind of new in soaping too. I have probably like 20 soaps made already:)

Right this moment I'm trying a third batch. Hopefully this one turns out okay. I had to wait a while because I ordered NaOH and few other things online and it has quite a bit of delay before being shipped to me.
So far I've noticed a huge difference in the temperature the lye got to. It a lot warmer which makes me even more suspicious of the NaOH I first bought. I'm waiting for it to cool down enough and the first two times I had to hurry because it cooled down to soaping temperature in minutes...

What a difference this time. I think I might have my first success, yay! :D My new stick blender works a treat (and is of the same brand of the one I use for my cooking so I can switch motors if I want to, double yay) and I am now fairly certain there is something wrong with the first NaOH I bought. I'm so curious to get them out of my mold.

What a difference this time. I think I might have my first success, yay! :D My new stick blender works a treat (and is of the same brand of the one I use for my cooking so I can switch motors if I want to, double yay) and I am now fairly certain there is something wrong with the first NaOH I bought. I'm so curious to get them out of my mold.

Great to hear you keep trying. There are a lot of things that can go wrong when making soap. Learning to deal with them all is part of the deal. Hat's off to you for not giving up and pouring some soap. :clap:

And bad lye is a bear. You can do everything else right, but if the lye isn't working, you're going to have soup, not soap.

glad to hear that you didn't give up :)

please post pics!

Made another soap just now! Same recipe but with the full water amount and a few additives: green clay powder, peppermint tea instead of water and lemongrass EO. My first successful soap is very plain and not exactly a looker so I won't post a picture of that one, but maybe this one will be posted. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Latest posts

Back