Start a Home Online Business

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgonce82

Reaction score
Hello again to the community. I would like to ask if someone knows how they have gone about getting their home online business started. We are very new to the process. We generally started out as a hobby and have found great pleasure making creams, butters, lotions, scrubs, etc... and we would like to really invest more of our free time and energy into this project in process. My partner and I have considered registering as an LLC, and using maybe rocket lawyer or legal zoom for for filing a trademark and Jimdo as our official website location. We have yet to discover a good bookkeeping app for mac but hopefully your feedback will help us out. Thank you for you for your support.

My little home-based business evolved out of a hobby. I gave away soap and B&B products to family and friends. They in turn aksed to buy my products to give to their freinds. Word of mouth was my best friend. I didn't really start selling much until I had a couple of years of practice. I am still a hobby business so can't help with the big picture.

The on-line market is becoming increasingly crowded and I see many who have gone back to establishing their business in the 'real' world and building the internet sales as an offshoot. I also know of others who have been successful working Etsy, but they treat it like a full-time job.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Latest posts

Back