Standard size bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incrtalent

Reaction score
Here's a new one. My dad was complaining about the fact that my bars are flat on the back and suggested that I go to 3-D mold, (so the back and front of the soaps would match). He suggested a custom mold, (and I like the idea), but what is considered a standard size for a full-sized bar? I can't seem to get the info off the net.

Anybody?

I consider 4oz to be full size. No sure why, it just seems the majority of bars are 4oz. If they are 5 or 6 they tend to be liste as jumbo or extra large. if they are 2-3 they tend to be listed as personal or guest sized.

Are you talking about something like this?

d_54.jpg

Irena

my standard size bars are also 4oz unless the batch was small then its 3oz

Yes, I am. What are the dimensions? Is it typically 4" x 3" x 1" deep, or something different?

I know it sounds like a dumb questions, so I'll just state that right up front. For some reason, though, my dad thought my bars were not the correct size. I'm using standard 4 oz rectangle molds at present.

All my bars, and all bars made in a TOG Mold are 3-3/8" long, 2-3/8" tall, by 1" thick.

My bars, after a good 5 to 7 week cure, weigh in at 4.2 to 4.5 ounces.

Like this:
soapequipment002-1.jpg

Paul.... :wink:

Soap comes in all shapes and sizes just like people. Some like em short & fat, some like em long & thin and everything in between.

Tabitha said:
Soap comes in all shapes and sizes just like people. Some like em short & fat, some like em long & thin and everything in between.

LOL Tab, I'm like a bar that is Tall & Fat! LOL Good explanation though. Whatever the size is dependant on the purpose and the individual likes and dislikes of the end user. I personally, I like a thick, fat bar. I like mine 3-1/2" long, by at least 1.1/4" deep, by 2-1/2" tall. That puppy weighs about 6 ounces, too much to sell because of competition dictating the average pricing and size of bar at 4 ounces. I like my soaps like me; thick around the middle, tall in stature, and as long as I can get it! :lol: :lol:

Paul.... :wink:

Umm mine about 1" thick. I like mine the basic size, not very tall(long) ya know..

I guess like me.. LOL IM SHORT! 5'2!

Paul you are silly.. LMAO

Latest posts

Back