Stamps.com OR ....?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Hello all,

After battling this illness for the last 3 weeks, I was finally able to start catching up on taking orders from my family and friends a couple of days ago. It was a heck of a surprise to find out that the U.S. Postal Service no longer offers the option to purchase Regional Rate shipping from their website. (They've never offered it at the post office).

I've been informed that you can purchase USPS Regional Rate "A" & "B" shipping from Stamps.com. However, I don't ship enough packages per day, month, year to make this worthwhile at this point. Does anyone know of a service like Stamps.com that allows you to purchase shipping without a monthly membership fee? I'd even be willing to pay extra on top of the shipping cost on a "per transaction" basis.

I've heard shipping easy is better for low volume shipping (<50 packages per month). I made an account with them but have yet to use it. Shipping easy.com. It gives you the commercial rates too which are cheaper than retail.

Thank you Susie ... turns out I was battling low blood sugar because I spent so much time taking care of everything/everyone else that I was kind of neglecting myself. lesson learned.

Thanks for the heads up Galaxy. I will check them out.

Good to see you back Patrick and glad you're feeling better! Your post put me into semi-panic mode about the regional rate boxes because that's all I use. I just logged onto my USPS account just to verify. When I attempted to create a print & ship label, I noticed at the top of the page there's a msg in red letters (Attention Click-N-Ship Customers: Regional Rate Boxes A and B were inadvertently removed during our last update. We’re working to put them back as soon as possible. Please watch this space for updates.) So it sounds like this is an oops related to code changes on the website and they're working to fix it, hopefully it won't take too long.

Good to see you back Patrick and glad you're feeling better! Your post put me into semi-panic mode about the regional rate boxes because that's all I use. I just logged onto my USPS account just to verify. When I attempted to create a print & ship label, I noticed at the top of the page there's a msg in red letters (Attention Click-N-Ship Customers: Regional Rate Boxes A and B were inadvertently removed during our last update. We’re working to put them back as soon as possible. Please watch this space for updates.) So it sounds like this is an oops related to code changes on the website and they're working to fix it, hopefully it won't take too long.

Oh Thank The Lord!!! I was in a bit of a panic about that ... it's really the best shipping method for the amount of goods I ship. I was in a bit of a panic myself!

I REALLY hate that you can buy first-class postage online if you sell something on Etsy but not through USPS direct. Didn't know that news about regional rate, ugh. Considered UPS but they were more expensive for me and I understand rates just went up, though haven't checked for certain.

Tried Stamps.com but I just don't send enough to make the monthly charge worth it. I mostly just suck it up and pay USPS priority mail. Any better suggestions, like commonsenz, are more than welcome!

I REALLY hate that you can buy first-class postage online if you sell something on Etsy but not through USPS direct. Didn't know that news about regional rate, ugh. Considered UPS but they were more expensive for me and I understand rates just went up, though haven't checked for certain.

Tried Stamps.com but I just don't send enough to make the monthly charge worth it. I mostly just suck it up and pay USPS priority mail. Any better suggestions, like commonsenz, are more than welcome!

If you open an account at USPS.com, the Regional Rate shipping is really good. All the bells and whistles of "Priority Mail" at a reasonable price(for the USPS). You can ship up to 15 lbs in a Regional "A" box and up to 20 lbs in a Regional "B" box. I don't know what their new prices are going to be but the most that it used to cost prior to the new rates going into effect was $9.97 and that was sending a package from Ohio to California.

Latest posts

Back