Stamping Burlap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use wax seals in my soap packaging. I'm going to be getting a custom one with my logo on it soon:

11813288_10206484950915497_883959072978518969_n.jpg

I tried stamping a tight weave natural fabric and although it showed up ok, I still liked the wax seal better.

galaxyMLP - it was actually your post about the birthday craft show a few days ago where I saw the stamped burlap so thanks for jogging my memory! Gotta give credit where credit is due :) I thought it looked really neat and wanted to mention it to a friend who also wraps her soaps with burlap strips.

Really like those Galaxy! More gristle for the mill ....

Lol ... because my daughter (the smartest person in a house otherwise full of males) told me this morning that she had been thinking about my "little logo problem". She said I should just "slap a windmill or gristmill in there and go with the most rustic or fading font" I could find.

When asked why a mill ... she rolled her eyes at me and said "rustic ... country ... rural ... duh!" and walked away.

Don't know if I'll use the windmill idea or not, but your "gristle for the mill" comment had me about spitting water on my keyboard. :lol:

Too funny cenz! Maybe your should hire your daughter as a consultant to handle your 'little logo problem' . . . sounds like she's full of good ideas. Maybe a gristmill is just what you need to compliment the SoapMason name, definite food for thought.

Oh my goodness, I don't even have the pre-coffee in the morning excuse on that one. The pre-coffee one this am had so many mistakes (in 3 sentences or so) that I had to edit four separate times, I think.

Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it. I've gone through 4 different packaging styles but finally settled on this one! :)

I think packaging has to fit the target market but also the type of the soap. I think stamped burlap would go quite nicely with a rustic theme.

The "genius" among our little group of merry comedians may have solved the problem for me. Asking me why I would stamp the burlap when I could just print labels on transparent label paper and stick that to the burlap. It's definitely an idea to try. Although I wonder that the uneven weave might make it hard to make the labels adhere.

Did I mention I absolutely adore my daughter?!! Gonna miss her when she heads back to college in two weeks. But, I do appreciate the fact that she has saved me soooo much $$$ by getting a full-ride academic scholarship. Lol

Latest posts

Back