Stainless steel pot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redglade

Reaction score
Would anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand of stainless steel pot? I've been looking for a few days now, all of them have some reviews raving about how wonderful they are, while others show pics of the same pots with corroded spots from just brining something. I don't mind spending a bit extra on something, as long as I know it will last.

I use either Rubbermaid pitchers for mixing my lye and have ever since I started soaping until I started master batching my lye then I started using HDPE buckets. I soap in HDPE buckets and have been using some of the same ones for 10 yrs. I find quality stainless harder to find and too expensive these days. The only stainless steel pitcher I use for lye if I want to mix a single batch is a frothing pitcher which is a very heavy stainless.

I use either Rubbermaid pitchers for mixing my lye and have ever since I started soaping until I started master batching my lye then I started using HDPE buckets. I soap in HDPE buckets and have been using some of the same ones for 10 yrs. I find quality stainless harder to find and too expensive these days. The only stainless steel pitcher I use for lye if I want to mix a single batch is a frothing pitcher which is a very heavy stainless.

Do you use the HDPE buckets for hot process? They would definitely be large enough, since my biggest concern there is not having enough room for a volcano to expand a bit before I can mix it down. I would have to heat my oils in a smaller container, but that's not a huge thing.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand of stainless steel pot? I've been looking for a few days now, all of them have some reviews raving about how wonderful they are, while others show pics of the same pots with corroded spots from just brining something. I don't mind spending a bit extra on something, as long as I know it will last.

Revere ware. You want the older stuff. I picked up a Dutch over at a local second-hand shop for $5.00

What are you using it for? If you're looking for a large stock pot to melt oils in, or some such use, I would look at a brewers shop. My husband (who is a brewer) bought me a large stock pot with handles from a brew supply (online) and it has a very sturdy bottom and handles, and even heating for when I melt oils on the stove.

Latest posts

Back