St Valentines Day Massacre soap spin swirl fail

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is. Used NG Green Tweed, which has never been a problem fo for me. This time it moved like a cheetah, and I almost did not get it into the mold. Sigh ImageUploadedBySoap Making1455495407.790092.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1455495445.425848.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1455495459.391889.jpg

It does look like the spin swirl had fun with you!

However, the colors are gorgeous together and if you hadn't told is it was supposed to be a spin swirl, we'd have never known it didn't turn out exactly the way you wanted. Who's purple is that?

That is a major bummer kc but I do like your color combo quite a bit. Maybe just plane off the tops and pretend it wasn't supposed to be a spin? You did give me a good chuckle with the thread title . . . several things ran thru my mind. First was the visual of red, white & pink valentine's soap spewed Excorcist-style all over the kitchen. Next was a purely selfish thought . . . good the soap gremlins are at someone else's house today so maybe my batch will turn out decent. Just take comfort in the fact that if my batch craps out my thread title won't be nearly as funny as yours . . . Happy V'day anyway!

Thanks. Since I poured to be able to split the bars in half, I did that. So I don't think I'll plane the tops. Some of them would lose half their weight if I did that they are so mountainous. Haha. But since I don't sell, these will be fine to give away. Unlike some of the soaps I have made in the past!

They will likely have colored lather and stain light colored cloths, but I can warn people about that.

Nicely done, KC, even though it's not what you had in mind. Neat color scheme.

Loved your post! Moved like a cheetah [emoji2]
Such a pain when things don't work out and you have to start again. At least yours is colourful and pretty. My fails are all drab pale khaki brown.

I think your soap is very pretty, but I understand your frustration. When you've already imagined the outcome in your head, and can see those beautiful, wispy swirls...ah yes, your soap obviously had a mind of it's own!

Back