Sri Lanka attacks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
First.... @Lankan I hope you and yours are all ok. I'm not sure of any other members from, or who are currently in, Sri Lanka but I do hope everyone is fine.

Second... Death toll has increased to 321 today, with 40 injured, from the Easter Sunday bombings.. Waaaay beyond the casualties of the 6.1 magnitude earthquake we experienced yesterday.

Thank you @KiwiSoap for checking on me, and consequently reminding me to check on Lankan. Me and mine are fine, but that might be the scariest earthquake I've ever experienced (and I've been through several), maybe because I now have kids.

Let's all please send out prayers and good vibes to the people affected by the bombings....

Sigh

When will these things stop.. I just want my sons to grow up in a clean, peaceful world.

Last edited:
The U.S. experienced terrorist’s attacks in 09/11/2001. The people who perpetrate these atrocities have no thought for the innocent lives that are lost. Although as a nation, it made use pull together; any country or people who have been harmed in this way, have my deepest sympathy. It is heartbreaking to know that your countrymen/women and children died for some groups outrageous ideas of superiority of who deserves to live and die.

Thanks @Dawni for checking on me. Last week was a local festival and we had a week long vacation.I was due to travel back on last sunday to Colombo and still delaying the travel till the return of normalcy. This news came in huge shock to all of us. We bid away from war in 2009 May 18 and ever since the country was peaceful. We had a thriving tourism over the last 10 years of peace, and Sri Lanka became one of the tourism hotpot for 2019. now everything seems bleak.

Heartbreaking to see small kids among the dead..there are families completely perished. We are baffled at the loss this entire series of event caused. I don't know how cruel the hearts of those acted for this would be.

I would like to thank the community for the concern and would like to request for your prayers for all those lost their lives and effected. Thanks again.

Last week was a local festival and we had a week long vacation.I was due to travel back on last sunday to Colombo and still delaying the travel till the return of normalcy. This news came in huge shock to all of us.

I am glad you and yours are safe--how horrific this is though.

Dawni I didn't realize you had an earthquake and am glad you and yours are also safe

@Lankan good to know you and those dear to you are safe. I hope things pick up quickly for your beautiful country (it's my dad's favorite vacation spot and his pics of the place are gorgeous) as I know people there who say lives have been better since tourism picked up. It's a different matter for those who have lost lives of course, but at least for the ones left behind, I hope the country pulls through soon.

Sri Lanka is in my family's prayers...

Dawni I didn't realize you had an earthquake and am glad you and yours are also safe
Thanks, love :)

@Dawni I also didn't realize that you have experienced an earthquake meanwhile.. Glad you guys are fine..

By the way I made journey back to Colombo yesterday.

Latest posts

Back