"Sprinkles" on top of soap - Your Opinion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this topic.

I love the way the decorative tops, with the "sprinkles" look on soap, but I don't really care for it once I'm using a bar in the shower. They always seem to come off and collect in the tub or go down the drain. Lavender buds and the like seem to be the worst.

How about you all?

I am not a "sprinkler", but I do like the look. How about tiny shreds of colored soap? That would wash away. Or smaller herbs that would be easily washed down the drain? I did do rose petals on top once. Very pretty, but a mess in the shower and I had to pick them off me. :lol:

I wonder how colored salt or sugar would hold up? I know it would be a mess if the soap were to sweat, maybe bad if it had a lot of moisturizing qualities. Just thinking out loud here. :D

Digit

I once put shreads of colored soap on top - looked great and was fine in the shower, even though the tended to break off the bar.

That is what I do. I use the shavings from another batch, break them up a bit, then sprinkle on top of the poured soap in the mold. I have not really had problems with it coming off the bar in the shower.

DSCF3126.jpg

Spearmintlavender006.jpg

I won't buy a soap w herbs or buds on top because of the aftermath, but poppy seeds or jojoba beads, etc are great. They ribse down the drain & add visual appeal.

I remember seeing someone post once that her husband did not like the poppy seeds because he was hairy and they stuck in his body hair. :shock:

Sooooo........maybe something to keep in mind if the person using them is hairy. The seeds may be hard to comb out.

Digit

digit said:
I remember seeing someone post once that her husband did not like the poppy seeds because he was hairy and they stuck in his body hair. :shock:

Sooooo........maybe something to keep in mind if the person using them is hairy. The seeds may be hard to comb out.

Digit

LMAO - that's gross! What a visual! Eeeewww

:lol: <wiping off monitor>

I sprinkle calendula petals on top of one of my soaps - very sparingly.

digit said:

Digit

:oops: My husband's chest hair......oatmeal, not poppy seeds......he wasn't happy! :D I laughed!

cdwinsby said:
:oops: My husband's chest hair......oatmeal, not poppy seeds......he wasn't happy! :D I laughed!

At least I did note it for future reference. Ummm....after I giggled about it. :lol: Seriously, I never gave it a thought until I saw the post.

Digit

While the stuff sprinkled on top looks cool, I didn't think I'd enjoy having it all fall off or be too scratchy in the shower.

Back