Quantcast

Spring swap feedback

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

pjb31apb

Reaction score
I hope it's ok that I started this thread.

Hi all well I have to say that I had a ton of fun with this, my first swap. One very interesting thing that I learned during this swap was how to visualize my bars so that they end up even in size and somewhat in weight as well. I know that sounds silly, but up to that point, I would look at my slabs of soap and just start cutting and I soon realized that eyeballing it wasn't working!

So we have now had all of our boxes for a few weeks and have had an opportunity to try some. Time for feedback.

Honestly, I pulled everythingout of the box and started opening before I realized that i wasn't noting what came from whom so I will describe the product unless I know who it came from.

First off, mine. I don't think that I really liked it very much. I loved the scent and I still smell it once or twice daily, but I really didn't like the lather. I think that my hard water may have something to do with it too. I haven't used the stain stick.

DFP - You know I LUVVV that lotion potion. I wish I could use it at work but there is someone at my job who is allergic to lavander. But I use it at home daily.

Becky- When I shower, I used your soap daily. Not drying at all and great lather. I will lather up with one soap and rinse then lather up with yours because I love the scrubby feel of the clay beads. I almost got in on a co-op of them but it kind of disappeared. The scent it simply to die for!

There were two scents that took me back to my childhood. it was the SWV and the Patchouli! I have used the SWV (currently in rotation along with Beecky's) Not drying at all. Love the lingering scent in my bathroom. Great lather too.

I have not used the patchouli, but I see my daughter is inching it towards the bathroom. Kind of funny to see it in a different spot every few days.

The bath fizzies and salts are GONE!!! They were claimed right out of the box. Their scent lingered for hours on my DD's skin! I kept smelling her and she got kind of mad. LOL

Pineapple/GM Makes me hungry every time I smell it. It was the number two to make it into the rotation and it was kind of hard to stop. Not drying and great lather.

I haven't used Ocean Floor, the layered bar (claimed by DD as well), the beautiful green swirl (what is that scent?) Everytime I pick it up, I think that bar is going to last me a LONG time it is so hard! I love knocking on it. I haven't yet used the gardners soap either, The Stonehenge type is such an attractive masculine scent. I have a plan for this soap when my sweetie gets back into town! :twisted:

Thanks again everyone. This was a really fun swap!

Laurie

Reaction score
I wasn't part of the swap, but I really enjoyed your sharing. I hope the others follow suit.

Laurie

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
pjb31apb said:
First off, mine. I don't think that I really liked it very much. I loved the scent and I still smell it once or twice daily, but I really didn't like the lather. I think that my hard water may have something to do with it too. I haven't used the stain stick.
That was my favorite scent!!! the palmarosa citrus scents! i never would have thought of that, it is fabulous!!! i'll type more feed back later, but i just had to throw that in!