Spray Lotion /Milk Lotion

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a really thin lotion tonight and I think I am going to love it. Hoping it is going to work in a spray bottle, but I think it is going to be a tad to thick. Might have to make another batch and lower the emulsifier. It only has 6% oil, FCO and IPM with 6% emulsifier. I am loving the emulsifier Olivem LV Flex but it is only available in a 40 lb drum, which is not to bad except they will only ship to a commercial address :cry:

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Wow maybe a trigger spray bottle? Be interesting to see.

And I could receive a 40 lb drum here at work, and stuff it in my truck for you. Lemme know. It will only cost you a small sample :D

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, That sounds neat an interesting. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow maybe a trigger spray bottle? Be interesting to see.

And I could receive a 40 lb drum here at work, and stuff it in my truck for you. Lemme know. It will only cost you a small sample :D
I will definitely keep that in mind. Thankyou.
The one I made last night is a little to thick. Tomorrow I am going to keep the oil at the same ratio and cut down the emulsifier. I did not think I would like a watery lotion but I do. Think it would be really nice in the summer.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just made batch #2 and so far it is much thinner. I cut the emulsifier upped the water to 91% and used Macademia with 1% more IPM. Emailed the company for pricing on the 40# drum of emulsifier and was informed it is so new they have no pricing yet. :-( Now if I hit on a recipe I like I still cannot get the product. humbug

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, glad I let it sit this long and did not give it to anyone to try. It finally separated out some of the water, so back to the drawing board. I finally got in some more Olivem LV Flex and will try with it and some Olivem 800, which is supposed to work in a hyperfluid formulation. As I have mentioned before I love Olivem LV Flex but it is not available retail yet, while Olivem 800 is available at Lotioncrafter. As of yet I have not even received an answer for the cost of a 40lb drum of LV Flex so hoping th 800 proves to work well

HowieRoll

Reaction score
I don't know if you will find this useful at all, but if the spray bottle doesn't work you might find it applies nicely with a roller ball top on a bottle. I make my own liquid deodorant, and it's just a tad too thick for a spray bottle but it works fantastically with a roller top bottle.

Either way, happy formulating!

Latest posts