Spots on CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Zany No Slime Castile that I did as CP (1st time cp) is developing white spots. Any idea what this is and what I did wrong? I know it didn't gel, so maybe that's the problem?

The strange thing is that they are perfectly round circles ...
upload_2020-2-15_8-16-40.png

hi, I’ve just joined this forum to find the reason for the same thing on extra virgin olive oil bar... exactly what yours look like... and weeks after curing they appear. Did you find an answer? Is it safe to use?

Thank you for replying! These white spots are a rabbit hole when i tried to google what they are . This was 454g good quality extra virgin olive oil, 104g distilled water , 58g lye. Temp: lye water 28c, oil 30c. ( oh oh, i just realised i usually have this recipe temp warmer to 38c) Sprayed with 99% isopropyl alcohol , covered with cardboard. Unmould after 48 hours ( I think ). Looked perfect until these spots arrived after about 3 weeks of curing.
019C5CB6-C18E-4C7D-A409-C3C4C3DE2BBE.jpeg

I've had this problem too. Hope someone chimes in on what it would be

Not sure - but just a question - did you all use EVOO? Maybe that's the common denominator?
I did and I was trying different brands and quality of olive oil and it only happened to the one I used the best EVOO... well my little experiment kinda worked as i know what oil to stick to... the cheapest Spanish mellow olive oil had the best result:)
I just don’t know if it’s safe to use. Would lye spots show up right away? I’m a bit nervous to zap test it...someone else go 1st😂

It happened on bars that had olive oil, one 100% and others if I remember correctly 30% olive oil.

Latest posts

Back