Sport card boxes for storing soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSap

Reaction score
I need a organized and uniform way to store my cured soap. I am thinking about trying sport card boxes as I hear many soap makers on this forum do that. I have never actually seen one of these boxes and wonder if these will work for all of my soap loaf bars.

Is there room in these boxes for soaps that have some height on them from swirl tops, or will only flat soaps fit. I would like to try just one box, but if I get them on line it does not make sense to buy one box because of the shipping.

Any input would be appreciated.

(Assuming you are in the US) you can buy singles off Amazon pretty easily/cost effectively. I have a tough time picturing how it works with various soaps as well.

I use baseball card boxes for my soaps and I just measured the height....it's 2 1/2 inches, so not a lot of room for big, swirly tops, but then again, I don't do those on my soaps, so the boxes work great for me.

I use card boxes. My round soaps that are 3in in diameter do not fit; however, my bars of soap that are 2.5in tall do. I like them to have a lid so I can stack them, but if you don't need to stack them that would work.

I use baseball card storage boxes, too. Mine have these inside dimensions 2 3/4" tall x 4" wide x 14" long, which is perfect for the majority of my soap batches which happen to make either 8 or 9 bars @ 2 1/2" tall x 3 1/2" wide x 1 1/4" thick. They fit in there perfectly with enough 'breathing room' on all sides.

For my batches made in other molds that produce soaps taller than 2 3/4", the box lid won't close properly if the soap is standing upright, so for those, I just tip the soaps over onto their sides and make do by placing them inside the box whichever way they will fit without being stacked on top of each other. Sometimes this calls for more than one box to be used for a single batch, but that's okay because I've got a ton of these boxes on hand. Also- one of the nicest things about them is that they are sturdy enough to be re-used again and again and again.

IrishLass :)

I too use baseball card storage boxes. I got them from Amazon a few years ago. Like IL I can fit my standards 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 1/4 in them. I fit 10 in each box.

Latest posts

Back