Spirulina swirl failure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been experimenting with herbal colorants lately too. Can't speak to the long-term fading, but in prepping the colorant, I've been using a bit of oil in a water bath to pull as much color out of the herbs (spirulina, goldenseal, etc.) as possible before adding them to the oils at trace. This was my latest try. The sandy color is goldenseal and alfalfa. Thus far no color bleed between layers. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=50013

I was so busy admiring the lovely green and yellow swirls, wondering how in the world you managed to get such a PERFECT yellow outline, that it took me a while to read the text. If I were you, I would just tell everyone how difficult that technique is to achieve. That way, they will be impressed and jealous. That soap is gorgeous! Just own it.

Oh Guys you are the best! “very difficult technique” But I have to tell that longer I read you all your comments I like more and more the look – thank you all for support on that! But I will keep eye on the yellow part if they don’t act funny.

I completely agree that the yellow outline looks fantastic and more than compliments your swirls; it adds another level of beauty. I think you should try to capture how that happened and use it frequently!

Latest posts

Back