Spin swirls - previous 3 batches!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
So as it took me 4 attempts to be happy with my spin swirl, here's the ones that didn't make the cut.

Attempt 1 you've already seen, it just got too thick too fast so became a drop and plop

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429742207.443100.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1429742227.078059.jpg

Attempt 2 I was quite happy with but didn't feel the colours popped enough

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429742292.404102.jpg

Attempt 3 got too muddy cos I poured smaller amounts each time to try and get finer lines

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429742360.468354.jpg

Did anyone else make multiple attempts?

Those are all great looking soaps but I can see why you're so happy with the 4th ~ it's over the top amazing! Your 2nd attempt would make a great 4th of July soap in the states! Now you have me thinking.....

Oh, to have my failures look as gorgeous as that! I'm totally in love with the first one- that's absolutely amazing!

IrishLass :)

It's interesting to see the different results the spin swirl can produce. Even you "drop and plop" is great. I've got to give this swirl a try...you've inspired me.

Sonia they are beautiful soaps, i probably never would be ready to do something like that. Congrats on winning ;)))

Did anyone else make multiple attempts?
It also took me 4 attempts to get more or less what I wanted, but I'll be able to take pictures of my other soap batches not earlier than this weekend.
I like all your soaps, but I can see why you are so happy with your 4th one. I knew right away it would be the winner. :)

I like your second one - it kind of reminds me of aquafresh toothpaste!
I did two attempts - the first was a rainbow of colours with some black too- the idea being a kind of 'intergalactic' theme. But the black was too much and the trace too thin so the result wasn't very spectacular. So I then went to a less ambitious design but tried to get the swirls clearer - this was the one I entered. It was white, green and 2 different purples , scented with lavender and Clary sage eo. I was quite happy with it, but then I came 18th so maybe should have tried some more batches!

Latest posts

Back