Spiced lime FO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Has anyone used this FO? Where did you get it and how did it behave? I got a 2 oz bottle from a local soaping store so and I have no idea what vendor it originated from.
It smells amazing and I'd like to order a larger amount. Its a yellow/orange color and it does accelerate. Its reminds me of a spicy mens cologne, maybe close to bay rum but sweeter. I blended it with a creamy orange FO and its absolutely divine.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't used it but it sounds delicious and perfect for spring/summer. The only one I've used is BB's lime FO which I blend with other things. That one behaves well but it sure isn't a spiced scent. I'll be very interested to hear what others have to say!

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do spicy FOs work the same as spicy EO's? I'd try blending a few with a lime FO but you have to know what notes are in the FO and what not. I souns lovely any way you slice it.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Its not your typical spice. There is no cinnamon or cloves, nothing that I can actually pin down and I don't really smell lime but there is something tart that must be it. Its a deep, kind of woodsy, tangy, sweet and oddly spicy. I'd rather buy then waste a bunch of oils trying to blend something.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I made a blend with Bay Rum and Lime Blossom and it's absolutely lovely. I never got the whole "I don't like it by itself but it's great for blending!" until then! 1 part Bay Rum 3 or 4 parts Lime Blossom. It does discolor though!

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not your typical spice. There is no cinnamon or cloves, nothing that I can actually pin down and I don't really smell lime but there is something tart that must be it. Its a deep, kind of woodsy, tangy, sweet and oddly spicy. I'd rather buy then waste a bunch of oils trying to blend something.
That's something. I can't think off hand what can give those notes off (I should have trained my nose for this) but that' half the fun. :)

Obsidian

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll try the sage's and see if it might be the same thing. This particular store carries another FO that sounds very similar to a different sage FO, I want to try it too.

Latest posts