Spending a Spoon on Soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makes_scents

Reaction score
I like many others suffer from an invisible disability that makes simple daily tasks difficult and sometimes downright impossible. In comes the addiction we call soaping...I have without a doubt made the decision that I will gladly spend one of my spoons on soaping.

I will post a link explaining what I mean by spoons (hoping it is allowed by admin)...the story shared at this link will help me be able to explain to my friends, family and even strangers how it is I get through each day.

The Spoon Theory - http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

I very much related to your spoon theory and love the article. TY for sharing this, it will help me explain my limitations to those who don't seem able to accept simple "sorry, I cant"s when I they ask me to do things. I hope soaping gives you the sense of satisfaction and relaxation it does for many of us :)

Lots of us have issues that cause us to count our spoons. This is truly an invaluable resource to explain our limitations. Thank you so very much!

Soap gets a spoon. This forum gets a spoon, sometimes two. And sometimes reading the forum gives me back a spoon, because it is a few minutes I can sit down and rest without feeling guilty.

Last edited:
Back