Speckled Colour in Bath Bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyrim01

Reaction score
Hi guys! :)

I'm having some trouble with colouring my bath bombs. I used a concentrated liquid dye and added drops at a time while mixing in by hand.

Does anyone know why it has come out all speckled? :sad:

How do you colour your bath bombs?

recipe:
•*240g Baking Soda
•*180g Corn Starch
•*120g Citric Acid
•*60g Epsom Salts
•*10ml Sweet Almond Oil
•*10ml Coconut Oil
•*15ml Cherry Blossom FO
•*10ml Fluorescent Pink Colourant Dye

I really appreciate any help :D

IMG_1973.JPG

It looks like your colorant needs to be mixed in more. Either add liquid colorants to your oils or spend *a lot* of time rubbing your mixture together. I do it like a cartoon villian slowly plotting my revenge.

Last edited:
It looks like your colorant needs to be mixed in more. Either add liquid colorants to your oils or spend *a lot* of time rubbing your mixture together. I do it like a cartoon villian slowly plotting my revenge.

Thank you. I did spend a fair amount of time mixing the colour in ....I guess it needs a lot more time though.

Also, I did add the dye straight from the bottle rather than dispersing it in water, would that have affected it?

I've tried adding the dye to the oils before and it doesn't disperse.

Ahhh, I use poly 80 in my oils+FO+liquid colorant so mixes in really easily. Mainly I use poly 80 to disperse my oils into the bath water instead of the tub sides. But I guess it also helps me with my colorant too!

Do you normally add water to your recipe? I'd be worried about premature fizzing.

Ahhh, I use poly 80 in my oils+FO+liquid colorant so mixes in really easily. Mainly I use poly 80 to disperse my oils into the bath water instead of the tub sides. But I guess it also helps me with my colorant too!

Do you normally add water to your recipe? I'd be worried about premature fizzing.

Thanks Snappyllama! I've been hesitant to make and use bath bombs and oils because of residue that might be left behind. Now I know what to use to prevent it! How much do you usually use? Does it interfere with any moisturizing effects (having oil adhere to skin)? Edit: Sorry to jump in with another question:oops:.

Try mixing together all of your liquid ingredients before adding to the dry ingredients?

Sorry my recipe is downstairs, and I messed up my back so I'm going off of possibly faulty memory... I want to say I use 1% or 2%. :)

Back