Spanish name for beef fat for tallow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adobehead

Reaction score
IMG_0037.jpg
Hi All,
I want to render some tallow to use in place of palm in my soap but have forgotten how to ask for the fat at the butcher here in México where I live. I got some that he referred to as "rinionada" but it is not behaving the way I expected. There is another word that I knew a few years ago but have forgotten if you know it, I would love to be reminded.
Laurel

duh! that's it! I remember now! What a difference between the stuff in the photo, white, fluffy, unscented and abundant compared to yesterday's yellow grease in a thin layer. Thank YOU! Going to write this down now.

And if you want lye in México, it's called "sosa". I use that much more often so I don't forget.
Laurel

duh! that's it! I remember now! What a difference between the stuff in the photo, white, fluffy, unscented and abundant compared to yesterday's yellow grease in a thin layer. Thank YOU! Going to write this down now.

And if you want lye in México, it's called "sosa". I use that much more often so I don't forget.
Laurel
When I looked up rinionada, I found rinonada associated with pictures of steak. The tallow looks great!

Linguists tip: When I forget vocabulary - I describe it as best I can, for example 'grasa de vaca' (fat of cow). I even resort to making sounds if i forget the name of something - eg cow = moo moo. lol.
Point to note - if I recall correctly, a bird going 'tweet tweet' in English is actually going 'pio pio' in Spanish (or maybe that's in Japanese....?)

Here sebo is anything greasy like.. Congealed fat we skim off the tops of dishes we cook, balms as in "sebo de (insert whatever it's made of)" lol

And I just remembered.. We were laughing at my toddler just the other day coz he knows roosters say "cock a doodle doo" and I'm not even sure I got the spelling right lol.. And he asked an elderly neighbor and he answered "titilaok" haha

Languages. Fun stuff..

Latest posts

Back