soybean oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he/she means hydrogenated soybean oil, like shortening. Do your stores carry any shortening products?

Hi Bea,

Have you tried Price Chopper on N. Oak and Vivion or Sunfresh in Westport? I don't use soybean oil myself, but those two stores have a wide array of oils to choose from (I get my Olive Pomace from Price Chopper). You can always call first if neither of those stores are close to you.

Marilyn

I just bought a 50 pound cube of 27% hydrogenated soy oil at Sams a month ago. I was Bakers And Chefs brand. $44.00 for 50 pounds, a great price and makes great soap!

Paul in Springfield, MO :wink:

I used to use Crisco, but when they changed their formula a year ago, the soap felt "different." It is also getting so expensive. This at Sams is much harder than Crisco out of the box, and nearly 50% less per pound!

I agree with Soapmaker Man, soaps made with the new Crisco formula feels different... :(
I guess I will have to look for a Sam's club here and find me some of that soy shortening

GrumpyOldWoman said:
I agree with Soapmaker Man, soaps made with the new Crisco formula feels different... :(
I guess I will have to look for a Sam's club here and find me some of that soy shortening

It's right down the aile from the Olive Oils in a white box, next to the peanut oil. :wink:

Paul

If you can't get to Sams......the shortening from Kroger and SaveALot are both the old trans-fat style.....bad for the arteries, but so good for soap. :)

Thanks for the help Paul & Mike.
I have never soaped with hydrogenated soybean oil, so is very eager to try it out! Thanks!! :)

Latest posts

Back