bhendrix

Reaction score
help
I can't find hydro soybean oil in the stores
I don't want to pay shipping costs
I'm from kansas city missouri
bea

G

I think he/she means hydrogenated soybean oil, like shortening. Do your stores carry any shortening products?

Lane

Reaction score
Wonders...what is the recipe? Could you just use good ol Soybean oil?

Tahara

Reaction score
Hi Bea,

Have you tried Price Chopper on N. Oak and Vivion or Sunfresh in Westport? I don't use soybean oil myself, but those two stores have a wide array of oils to choose from (I get my Olive Pomace from Price Chopper). You can always call first if neither of those stores are close to you.

Marilyn

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I just bought a 50 pound cube of 27% hydrogenated soy oil at Sams a month ago. I was Bakers And Chefs brand. $44.00 for 50 pounds, a great price and makes great soap!

Paul in Springfield, MO :wink:

cdwinsby

Reaction score
Crisco is mostly soybean oil with some cottonseed oil. I would imagine that it would work. You would just have to run your recipe through a lye calculator again.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I used to use Crisco, but when they changed their formula a year ago, the soap felt "different." It is also getting so expensive. This at Sams is much harder than Crisco out of the box, and nearly 50% less per pound!

GrumpyOldWoman

Reaction score
I agree with Soapmaker Man, soaps made with the new Crisco formula feels different... :(
I guess I will have to look for a Sam's club here and find me some of that soy shortening

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
GrumpyOldWoman said:
I agree with Soapmaker Man, soaps made with the new Crisco formula feels different... :(
I guess I will have to look for a Sam's club here and find me some of that soy shortening
It's right down the aile from the Olive Oils in a white box, next to the peanut oil. :wink:

Paul

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
If you can't get to Sams......the shortening from Kroger and SaveALot are both the old trans-fat style.....bad for the arteries, but so good for soap. :)

GrumpyOldWoman

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Paul & Mike.
I have never soaped with hydrogenated soybean oil, so is very eager to try it out! Thanks!! :)