Soy Wax Users

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made some soap with my GW415 yesterday. Went with 40%OO, 25%CO, 20% soy wax, 10% castor & 5% Shea butter. Scented with 50/50 split peppermint E/O & lavender E/O. It smells sooooooooooo good! Swirl sux but didn’t pre-plan. Had one idea & then last minute changed my mind. Can’t wait to try the flower, as it’s my tester bar for 1st time recipe.

View attachment 61777
I am now using one of these bars in the shower & love it A LOT! Going to make another batch on Monday! Soaped around 95-100 F & will probably do the same. Will peek at my notes to see how fast trace happened with recipe.

I am now using one of these bars in the shower & love it A LOT! Going to make another batch on Monday! Soaped around 95-100 F & will probably do the same. Will peek at my notes to see how fast trace happened with recipe.
Woot! What makes you love it? How does it differ (when using) to your previous soaps?

@KiwiMoose I'd forgotten that I made two soaps with the soy wax. One with lard & one with OO. I know you personally don’t use animal fats. That being said. The lard bar has thicker, tighter lather, heavier as well. However the OO lather seems more stable & fluffier. The OO soap is older. Top lather blob is Manteca @ 35% with GW415 @ 30% & bottom is OO @40% with GW415 @ 20%. 😂 Probably shouldn’t compare them because OO bar also higher in CO by 7% @ 25% vs 18% CO in lard/soy 🧼

Attachments

• 5CF09CC5-A0B2-4EA3-B64A-EAD7CA286508.jpeg
    5CF09CC5-A0B2-4EA3-B64A-EAD7CA286508.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
@KiwiMoose I'd forgotten that I made two soaps with the soy wax. One with lard & one with OO.
For anyone that might care…
Came back to the lather blobs 15 min later & both dissipating but OO still had fluff just more see thru. The creaminess of the lard lather at the end when scooped off the edge was incredibly lotion like. The OO lather was slick yes but not what I’d consider to be lotion like.

So I got my PureSoy S100, from an European online seller (one of Premium Soy Wax For Candles | All Seasons Wax Company distributors). It came in a plastic bag, with no label. It smelled like stearin candles. Well, I hope it is the PureSoy s100.
Hi soapman5, would you mind sharing which online seller you bought your PureSoyS100 in Europe from? I have only found this available from US/UK or Australian sellers. The soy wax I currently use has additives and I would love to find a soy wax that is pure. Thanks very much.

I've used an oil from a warehouse type store overseas that was a blend of olive 80% and soy 20%. It was fairly cheap for what it was, made a nice firm soap bar that made very nice creamy lather in a region with soft water.
At the time I was using actual ocean water, filtered for debris and such, to dissolve the lye and because most folks didn't have our type of enclosed bathrooms, I also tried adding some hydrogenated soy at 15% of the oils in one batch of this type of soap.
Unfortunately I didn't get much feedback from my friend who had volunteered to use it. But in my household, the only complaint was that I hadn't added any scent, but it had a lovely creamy lather and didn't feel drying.
I left it to cure for 3 months, but only because it was a large olive oil % and it was the wet season.

Hello,
I need help to decide if this recipe will work out for doing swirl designs. Thank you in advance. I am willing to use a blend of Tea tree, lavender and Rosemary essential oil. Also Planning to use oxide colors and planning to soap at room temperature i.e... at 33 celcius

View attachment 55900
Hi..Did you try this recipe? I'm from India and have a thought to try soy wax from vedaoils in cp soaps.

Back