Soy Wax 415 & Scent Retention

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I have forgotten which thread I read recently about using soy wax -which, what kind & different percentages BUT if scent retention was addressed, I missed it.

5 days ago I tried a recipe I pulled from that thread using 20% soy wax 415 gw. I made it using the same % of scent that I used previously in a 40% lard recipe. The scent of the soy wax recipe today is as if I was making it.

Question : Does the soy aid in retention of Fo/Eo?

No clay was used in either recipe.

Also, the scent was Crafters Choice & Lavender 40/20 at 1:3

I covered the batch and set it on on a towel covered dining room table. But I have a Goffin cocktail cage nearby and the scent was so strong that I moved the soap to the laundry room.

Also, the scent was Crafters Choice & Lavender 40/20 at 1:3

I covered the batch and set it on on a towel covered dining room table. But I have a Goffin cocktail cage nearby and the scent was so strong that I moved the soap to the laundry room.
Crafter Choice Headache.

Lord, this is giving me a headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you used the same FO/EO blend in other recipes with lard? It's the only way to truly compare. I wouldn't have thought using SW would make a different but who knows? I use SW in every batch at 20% and have scent retention issues with some FO still - just because the FO itself had poor retention.

Back