Soy for clamshells

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarenNY2OH

Reaction score
Hi there - I'm new to this and am super confused about the best soy to use for clamhsells. I just ordered Golden 464 and have read mixed reviews, some swear by it and some just hate it. I know that it has to cure for two weeks. I made a test batch with Ecosoya CB Advanced and it seems OK, it's only been curing for a few days though. What do you recommend? Is the 464 going to be too hard/soft or crack?

EcoSoya's Pillar Blend is the best for melts. 464 will frost, and if you don't sell them quickly, it'll get a horrid chalkiness to it. I use EcoSoya Q220 for my container candles and Pillar Blend for my melts - and it get HOT here.

EcoSoya's Pillar Blend is the best for melts. 464 will frost, and if you don't sell them quickly, it'll get a horrid chalkiness to it. I use EcoSoya Q220 for my container candles and Pillar Blend for my melts - and it get HOT here.
Thanks! I'm in OH so it's not getting hot here. I'm not too concerned with frosting since I'm not dying them. The CB advanced I used a few days ago is meh, the melts crack and break unevenly.

Latest posts

Back