Sourcing equipment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kesten

Reaction score
I am one of those folks that started thinking about making soap 30 seconds ago - well perhaps more like 30 days ago.

I live in Regina and I am having trouble finding "storefront" locations where I can buy the basic soap making equipment - does anyone have any suggestions in Saskatchewan or Manitoba?

If not then could you suggest online sites that you have had good experiences with in buying your won equipment.

What equipment are you looking for exactly? I buy stainless pots at a local market, I bought my stickblender at one of these bedbath&beyond type places, I get my molds at the home improvement mega-store, towels for insulation are the hand-me-downs that would've become rags otherwise... The hardest thing to source locally around me is lye and affordably-priced oils. Of course, FOs and EOs you'll probably wanna get online too...

I'm the type of guy who likes to keep things practical; there are a number of online sources for fancy soap equipment; I'm not sure which is best for Canadienne customers. Still, you might find that you can get 90% of your hardware from the local dept store, home improvement store, and market.

hth

I agree, get your hardware at any thrift store or department store. Except for "professional" molds, you find pretty much everything in the kitchen department. A hardware store will have rubber gloves and goggles for cheap, too.

Latest posts

Back