Sources for lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any recommend a good source for lye right now in the US. WSP doesn’t have it, neither does soapers choice. I’m happy using amazon, if that’s the cheapest. I don’t want to panic buy, but I do worry about supply chain these days.
Please excuse if I put this in the wrong place.

Have you checked any chemical supply places in your area? If you don't mind buying in quantity (usually 50lb minimum) they are typically half the price of buying lye through Essential Depot or other dedicated soap suppliers.

Any recommend a good source for lye right now in the US. WSP doesn’t have it, neither does soapers choice. I’m happy using amazon, if that’s the cheapest. I don’t want to panic buy, but I do worry about supply chain these days.
Please excuse if I put this in the wrong place.
My favorite it Essential Depot but they tend to be expensive unless you catch a sale. I'd buy on their amazon store because their website tends to be alot more expensive. The Lye Guy has lye in stock right now on his website.

I bought the 50 lb bucket from Duda diesel most recently, after finally using up my Essential depot 32 lb supply after 2 years. I had to adjust my recipe as all my first batches with the ew supply were rock hard on top and hard to cut, I had forgotten how strong fresh lye is. I am definitely on a quest to use this bucket sooner than my prior batch.

Latest posts

Back