Sour??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
O.k. Now I am in love with my yogurt! I can't live without it. I wonder if anyone out there has used any sour cream? I have so many more ideas but I don't want to go crazy all at once! Let me know. :)

I was thinking about that too ... and heavy whipping cream ... and half and half .. lol

I've soaped with half & half - nice stuff but it really ups your SF if you use much. Haven't bothered with heavy cream - it's just more of the same IMO.

I've used yogurt and yogurt powder, skim cow's milk, whole cow's milk, goat's milk, buttermilk, sour whole milk, sour skim milk, but never sour cream.

I like the skim (not sour) and the whole. Buttermilk seems to accelerate on me, I just cannot abide by having sour milk around.

Sour cream - well if you do full fat IMO it's just too much, and the skim stuff is pretty fake...

sour

i love to add coconut milk with the yogurt. i make rtcp. just before adding f/o's i add my coconut milk mixed with honey and extra glycerine.

Black soap n candle lady said:
I'm going to go for it. I will let you all know how it turns out. 8)
how'd it go? how much did you end up adding?

inquiring minds want to know!

Well, I was getting ready to post the question about sour cream, so you beat me to the punch. When adding the yoguart, do you discount your water by the amount of yoguart you are going to use and do you put it in after you have traced the soap to a light trace or what?

coconut milk

let's say i need 20 oz of liquids- i usually go a little more than half-say 12 to 14 oz of aloe juice or water, tea, etc... to the lye. i chill this before i mix in room temp oils....i usually add 1 oz glycerine and 1 tbsp honey to any combination of milk/yogurt or coconut milk so it all totals 20 oz COMBINED. smake sure it is well mixed! so far it has worked perfectly- which keeps me out there trying to press my luck even further!

my next batch i'm going to used condensed milk, honey and lemon yogurt to my lemon-poppyseed soap!

Latest posts

Back