sorry need help again.. rebatch in cp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CandiceW

Reaction score
hey all,

So I went over the info on m&p and I really don't think that is what I want.. so again reordered the rebatch soap..
Soooo after failing in the oven.. added toooooo much water..
Was wondering how all you do it in the CP?
I don't need to buy a new one to do it right, it's just soap? I can just use in the one I use to cook?
I searched youtube but could not find a video, anyone have one? I really could like to 'SEE' before doing.
I reordered the shea butter rebatch.. and ordered Peppermint FO. I am really hoping & PRAYING it turns out this time! I really need it to so I have gifts for Christmas LOL! I feel bad though, I've spend so much trying over and over again!!

thanks!!

try using the search. type in stuff like cphp AND rebatch, etc. you will have to look through some of the pages but it help you get familiar with what has already been asked and posted about. it will also help you get familiar with the pages that have tons of great info that have been made, which increases your knowledge! always a good thing when you are starting out :D

I'm a little confused by your post, but I rebatch by grating or chopping small my soap and adding just a little water (if it's fresh soap - no water, if it's cured I add a couple of teaspoons of water), cover and heat. Lots of ways to heat - boiling in a crock pot liner, in the crock pot itself, in the oven, stovetop (double boiler). Whatever method you choose, do it with a lid on as much as possible.

krissy is absolutely right - there is a lot of advice on rebatching here, and on the web in general. good luck!

what do you mean by crock pot liner? just the ceramic thing?
Sorry if it is confusing and I know there is lots of info I am just very limited on my time on the computer. I did search youtube, but could not find exactly what I was looking for, just looking for directions on doing rebatch in crockpot. hope that makes sense.
I did rebatch a few times now.. boiling bags.. did not like this in general only becuase it was hard to work with. I did not add any liquid and the soap turned out good but again hard to work with.
I also did in the oven, but ended up adding too much water.. the soap never dried :(
Thanks!!

did you keep your last batch? You can possibly save it, it will take a while to dry but it should dry.

I use my microwave to re-batch and it works great. when you get your new soap noodles if they are soft use very little liquid.

Latest posts

Back