Soot from candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. Not a candle expert, but I believe soy candles do not have the soot issues that paraffin does. Anyway, testing for a number of other things, I believe, should be done...hot throw, melt pool, tunneling. Candles can be a lot of research and testing for a good product and scents can each perform differently. Anyway, maybe one of our candle experts can be a little more help.

I am with Osso on this, you need to know what you are selling. Although I am not a candlemaker I have a friend that is a candlemaker. I never became real interested, other than during the hippy era I loved to make sand candles, because they are so pesky to make and as mentioned to get the perfect mix. So Test test test

My experience with candles has been lots of testing coupled with lots of failing! Not an easy thing to get right - every variable from the size of container, wick, type of wax, temperature of pour, colour and fragrance will have a major impact on your final product in use.

Latest posts

Back