Sometimes you speak too soon... LS change.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlfromoz

Reaction score
Hi all.
I changed my LS recipe to include quite a higher rate of Olive Oil, but after it being lovely and clear it has now clouded. The recipe change happened in summer and all was great.
I diluted some paste and left some in a container to sit and it is now showing as cloudy. I am wondering if the change in weather is playing a part in the change. It has been cold and rainy, its the only thing i can think of that could have affected it ?

I did a search but couldnt find anything.

Many thanks for the help, cheers

Cooler temperatures can cause LS to cloud, and given what you have said, that would be my guess. Try gently warming a sample to your usual room temperature and see what happens -- that will tell you if temp is the issue. Fragrance can also cloud LS.

Cooler temperatures can cause LS to cloud, and given what you have said, that would be my guess. Try gently warming a sample to your usual room temperature and see what happens -- that will tell you if temp is the issue. Fragrance can also cloud LS.

Thank-you for your reply , i ended up doing just that and it cleared up beautifully.
Lesson learnt ,many thanks

Back