Something wrong with my recipe? SEIZE!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 5 lb mold will require approx 58 oz of oils at a 33% lye concentration. I would recommend you try a 1 lb test batch with a new fragrance especially a floral or spice. Covering the container of a seized soap so it will gel is my long time way of dealing with such. You have to pour very quickly as it will set up even faster than a hot processed soap and will look like a hp soap. There is no time to mess with colors. When it comes to seizing fo's you are better of hp'ing them as no temp change is going to stop the seize, might slow it down a titch but that is all. Read the reviews when you purchase a fragrance you can learn alot. But do keep in mind your formula makes a difference, especially a recipe high in stearic and palmitic acids.

Thank you!!! I have a gardenia that I really want to use, the reviews say BIG seizure! Do you think I can hp as fluid as possible, divide out 2 colors first, then whisk in fragrance to each quickly, then jam into the mold?

Thank you!!! I have a gardenia that I really want to use, the reviews say BIG seizure! Do you think I can hp as fluid as possible, divide out 2 colors first, then whisk in fragrance to each quickly, then jam into the mold?
That's probably what I would do, but don't whisk vigorously. I'd love to hear how it turns out. I love love love gardenias and wish I could grow them here. But I never had much luck with them even when I lived in California with fabulous growing conditions.

That's probably what I would do, but don't whisk vigorously. I'd love to hear how it turns out. I love love love gardenias and wish I could grow them here. But I never had much luck with them even when I lived in California with fabulous growing conditions.
I love them too!! They grow well is south Florida.
I have a BUNCH of fragrances from this woman that I don't know what I will do with. I don't feel like watermelon or chocolate belong in soap, am I wrong?
I had a devil of a time yesterday coming up with a fragrance to use, whereas I have SO many! The organic essential oils that I bought, intending for soap, I now feel may be wasted on such. I feel that I should save them for my deodorants. Lotions, creams. Then I have SEIZURE stuff, and random small bottles, and scents that I don't feel belong in soap (I could be wrong about that).
I settled on ylang ylang essential oil from the GOOB, not a scent I'm wild about at all.

Back