Something wrong with my coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriaaa

Reaction score
Hello all,
I ordered an 8lb bucket of coconut oil (76deg) from WSP a few weeks ago and received it on Wednesday. I've ordered this coconut oil from there before with no issues. I just opened the coconut oil container today (Saturday). This time, the coconut is almost entire liquid. There is a thin layer of solid on top. My condo is 73 degrees and I measured the top of the oil and it is 74 degrees. After being in my air conditioned condo for a few days, shouldn't my oil be totally solid? Is something wrong with my coconut oil? I also noticed a big oil spot on the shipping box and think it leaked out a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200725_124229.jpg
    IMG_20200725_124229.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 8
There should not be anything wrong with it, It is just the time of year. Coconut oil melts at 76°F and the temperature in the mail trucks are at least 85°F or warmer.

I got some CO from soaper's Choice and it was completely melted when I received it but I consider it a good thing because I pour mine in to a bucket to make it easier. This time I didn't have to melt it myself and transfer it. I just opened the bottle and poured it into my bucket.

Latest posts

Back