Something similar to BB Spiced Red Tea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawswold

Reaction score
I was crushed to learn that Brambleberry discontinued their Spiced Red Tea FO. It was one of my most favorite scents, and I'm hoping that someone would have a recommendation for something similar. It smelled like a cedar chest filled with cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and peppercorn. It wasn't a "foodie" smell, meaning that there was no vanilla, no fruit, and no fake butter smell. It wasn't musky/ambery/floral either. I would appreciate any recommendations!

I used that fragrance once. I thought it had some vanilla because I experienced slight discoloration. It seems it only has a small amount though. It will be tricky as most fragrances with spice notes have had their usage rate diminished greatly. I would try blending the notes myself, unfortunately cannot think of another FO with a similar blend.

I love that FO too. I am hoarding my 16oz bottle. I think the closest I have smelled is Raw cinnamon and Clove from Makesy. Not B & B safe though

One of my favourites is Red Ginger Saffron and it comes to mind because of the way you have described the fragrance above. It does not have any cinnamon or cloves though, but it sounds like you may like this based on some other factors you describe. Please be warned that it is VERY naughty in CP soap and it pays to blend it with some citrus EO or other FO that you know will slow it down a bit, otherwise it does make soaping difficult.

Back