Someone help please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCalifornia

Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of wax this is and need to figure out what to do with it. Any information helps. Thanks I’m advance.

Attachments

• DE3E5C4A-DBA6-4F32-8A5A-763B739C0094.jpeg
    DE3E5C4A-DBA6-4F32-8A5A-763B739C0094.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 17BF29B6-1123-4AAA-964C-189D2FA5A6EE.jpeg
    17BF29B6-1123-4AAA-964C-189D2FA5A6EE.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 44
Looks like paraffin. My mom has a big block thats melted like that from years of being exposed to heat in a outside building.
Unless you are desperate for candles, I'd toss it

Last edited:
I have no idea what kind of wax this is and need to figure out what to do with it. Any information helps. Thanks I’m advance.
Please do not post the same question multiple times on different threads. your question has been answered here. The others have been deleted.

Please
Please do not post the same question multiple times on different threads. your question has been answered here. The others have been deleted.
Please remember if you don’t have anything nice to say it’s better to say nothing at all. Thank you so much for your helpful advice. 🙄

Toss it in the trash?
Oh thanks so much for the helpful idea.

Please
Please remember if you don’t have anything nice to say it’s better to say nothing at all. Thank you so much for your helpful advice. 🙄
As Admin, I'm letting you know the 4 extra posts you made of the same quesion were deleted, if you were looking for them. Putting up multiple posts of the same question just confuses everyone when they are trying to help you with an answer. I wasn't nasty, just telling you what was done.

Word to the wise. Pay attention to who you are responding to before you decide to jump on your high horse least you miss the saddle and fall on your face.

Oh thanks so much for the helpful idea.

You post a picture of some unknown nasty looking wax. Unless it is the apocalypse, I would not use it. Is that better?

Everyone needs to settle down, getting rude back isn't going to help anything.
If you can't be nice, don't respond at all.

@Relle maybe this thread needs locked before it gets out of hand.

I agree it looks like paraffin. I had some beeswax that had sat in someone’s shed and was coated in dust. It was a great find so I put the effort into cleaning, filtering, and testing it. It was worth my time and effort. Only you can decide if it’s worth it for you to try to salvage it.

Back