Some of my soaps using my lightbox

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
I decided to make a lightbox last night. That part was easy. The hard part is taking pictures! Here are a few of my latest soaps.

This one is my charcoal facial soap/stick. It's more for oily skin.
charcoalsoap.jpg

This one is scented with Nag Champa, but it was a horrible recipe. I will redo it.
nagchampa.jpg

I posted this one before. I love the glitter on top.
lightbox015.jpg

Just a simple honeysuckle.
honeysucklesoap.jpg

All I can say is that I have a lot to learn with taking photos! Thanks for looking.

Thanks everybody! I used the olive blossom and honeysuckle tonight in the bath and I have to say those are some beautiful fragrances!

xyxoxy said:
Great pics and pretty soaps!!

Now can you post pics of how you built your light box?? :) :?:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13367

If you go to the bottom of this thread on page 1, there's a link to the directions. Plus tincanac has some tips too! I used fabric on the sides for durability.

Milla I think your soap is wonderful.
Everyone knows what a sucker I am for a beautiful bar of white soap, and yours is certainly top of the list!!
Perfect!

They all look gorgeous and I bet they smell lovely too.

Is the charcoal soap coloured with Oxide too, or is that just the charcoal ? I would love to make some for my young nephew. Would you mind sharing how much charcoal ppo to use ? I have some of the finely ground activated charcoal.

MagiaDellaLuna said:
They all look gorgeous and I bet they smell lovely too.

Is the charcoal soap coloured with Oxide too, or is that just the charcoal ? I would love to make some for my young nephew. Would you mind sharing how much charcoal ppo to use ? I have some of the finely ground activated charcoal.

Thanks! It seems the norm for charcoal is 1 tsp ppo. I used more than that and would use 1 tsp ppo next time I did this. It was so gritty that I actually had to get some out of the oils. I didn't use any oxide. I think the charcoal will give more of a gray soap.

Latest posts

Back