Some of my recent soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to taking pictures of my soaps before I send them out. Most of these were done with techniques I'm tried out for the first time.

My Daughter's Leopard Spot... made with WSP OMH (her favorite scent). Next time I attempt this one, I'll pick a better color for the spots' centers and draw the lines at a sharper angle.

IMG_0130_zpsyo7ekkoq.jpg

Modified Taiwan... made using WSP Black Raspberry Vanilla. I love this one and think it could be much better looking with some more practice. I need to make more fluid motions with the hanger.

IMG_0126_zpszipbibud.jpg

Spin Swirl that glopped... Scented with NG Perfect Man in a beer soap. I really should have picked a different FO and soap base for this. The batter heated up unevenly and made a horrifiying mess when I spun it out of my mold. It was a fun technique that I'll be trying again.

IMG_0127_zps4gqoy1ka.jpg

Birch Bar... made with NG Cracklin' Birch. I was going for an off-center tree. I used way too much black in my ITP swirl. I think a layer of ITP on top would have been better than abruptly interrupting the tree. Oh well. I love, love, love the scent.

IMG_0123_zpslhu5lbb5.jpg

Citrus Summer... made with my own blend of Orange EO, Lime EO, Litsea Cubeba EO, and a little WSP Spa FO. So far it's holding it's scent after a few weeks. No special technique here.

IMG_0124_zpsayeo9bss.jpg

Those are some seriously gorgeous soaps. I really love the Taiwan swirl too. Do you mind me asking how you did the leopard spot, it looks really interesting?

Beautiful soaps, all of them! Your leopard spot turned out awesome, and I love the look of the birch one too!

Thanks everyone!

For the leopard spot:

1. Layer of white.
2. Pipe diagonal lines of brown running the length of the mold (like brown candy-cane stripes).
3. On top of that line, pipe the center color.
4. Pipe the brown on the sides and top (to cover up the center color.
5. Fill in layer with white.
6. On the next layer, change the direction of the diagonal line (so the spots wouldn't be on top of each other). Repeat steps 2-5.

The technique was an old Amy Warden Challenge so there are lots of examples that are better than this one (with better instructions, LOL).

Thanks everyone!

For the leopard spot:

1. Layer of white.
2. Pipe diagonal lines of brown running the length of the mold (like brown candy-cane stripes).
3. On top of that line, pipe the center color.
4. Pipe the brown on the sides and top (to cover up the center color.
5. Fill in layer with white.
6. On the next layer, change the direction of the diagonal line (so the spots wouldn't be on top of each other). Repeat steps 2-5.

The technique was an old Amy Warden Challenge so there are lots of examples that are better than this one (with better instructions, LOL).

Thanks so much for the explanation, can't wait to give this a go. It truly is a beautiful looking soap.

Latest posts

Back