Some of latest soaps.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPSoaper

Reaction score
Here are some of my newest soaps. They are not cleaned up. I don't take great pictures. I took this on a counter next to a window. Sorry for the shadow.

from top, left to right: oatmeal milk & honey with 3 milks (no colorants), patchouli mint, and a salt bar
bottom row is my 3 milk & monoi soap with green tea, carrots, honey and oats (no scent and colorants).

2008-a.jpg

They all look very soothing CPS, but I especially love the simple, wholesome looks of a unscented oatmeal milk bar. I use powdered oatmeal in every batch of soap I make, even in my salt bars. I use about 1t. PPO, as it is powdered and blends in easily and unnoticeable. Oatmeal is so good for the skin. Nice soaps!

Paul

Great looking soap and no need to apologize for the shadow in the photo , the photo is superb.

Thank you. I try to keep a line of soaps that are more natural looking. Free of colorants and sometimes even fragrances other than from the natural ingredients. I like to use botanicals, infused oils and pureed fruits and veggies in them. I love the look of simplicity of a soap with no colorants. I also love the look of a soap that did not gel. It just to me looks so delicate, soft and creamy.

I do some times use colors but I am not a great swirler. Tonight I made my Hempy soap and decided to use some colors with a a fun scent. I usually leave hempy soaps unscented or scented with patchouli, patchouli blends or nag champa. More earthy scents. I scented this one Jazz Mint Apple and just mixed up some colors to see what I will get. It got a bit thick on me so I was not able to swirl. I had to glop. It is covered and in a warmed oven. This one I am wanting to gel so that my colors will hopefully be more vibrant. Also, it has no milks or honey so I'm not worried about it overheating so much.

Tomorrows soap on the agenda is supposed to be a blind swirl using Pink Sugar. I'm trying to get some of my tried and true soaps done while getting some new ones done too.

Soapmaker Man said:
They all look very soothing CPS, but I especially love the simple, wholesome looks of a unscented oatmeal milk bar. I use powdered oatmeal in every batch of soap I make, even in my salt bars. I use about 1t. PPO, as it is powdered and blends in easily and unnoticeable. Oatmeal is so good for the skin. Nice soaps!

Paul

I use powdered oats too but I like to take some whole oats and just lightly sprinkle the top. I like to use the powdered Aveeno oats you can buy in the store. The kind you use when you have poison ivy/oak or chickenpox.

Back