Some October Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been playing this past week with different soaps for October. Goat milk in all of them at 50% liquid. There’s two pumpkin beer / purée soaps - light and dark , light scented with orange, bergamot, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger and black pepper at 1% - we’ll see how it feels in the long run as I know some people can’t tolerate. I was trying to make just a light faint scent, and it actually works.. the dark beer is a pumpkin porter scented with cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and vanilla bean Noel from WSP at 1%. Again, a faint scent not over powering. The black and green soap design was from Amanda at Lovin Soap, she calls Frankenstein lol. But my husband renamed it FRANKENLIME! As the black is scented with Anise EO and the green is Lime and Litsea EO. It actually smells really good! The drop swirl soap , one with green base and other with orange base is scented with All Souls Day FO by NS. It smells like skittles!! I love it! I was thinking jelly beans but it looks like a Goldie Hawn Laugh-In background for those who remember 😂

Attachments

• 2F1758B0-1D3F-4E8B-84C3-B8B4FFA8BE2E.jpeg
    2F1758B0-1D3F-4E8B-84C3-B8B4FFA8BE2E.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 61
WOWZA!! I love the Goldie Hawn reference! Did you seriously accidentally make a Frankenstein themed soap? It is so perfect for Halloween! Love that Frankenlime name! Great job on everything. You are brave to use all those spices -- all I read in this forum is about their bad behavior. Great job, you!
Thanks Zing! I appreciate that !!! I’m taking the classes from Lovin Soap and I got an email showing how to do the Frankenstein one. I just used different EOs and it smells so strong of licorice and lime , my husband came up with the name Frankenlime 😂. I was a little worried about acceleration but it did really well!! I froze the flat beer and used frozen beer cubes and frozen goat milk with the lye. The solution stayed pretty cool. I added the pumpkin in with the oils and blended between 76- 80 degrees. Then I added the EOS at emulsion , quick mixed and threw it in the mold . Saved some batter for the top ( measured it in recipe so no EOs) and added white mica. It behaved really well!! My sats/unsats is 40/60 after watching more Lovin soap videos. I even added 2 tsps brown sugar to the darker beer soap for appeal . I’ve already tried a small piece of everything as I’m impatient and they all lather great ! I started using this ratio awhile back, so I decided I would play with it more to see what I could get away with! I have two recipes I like now. One with soy and one without for this kind of stuff 😄 ( I loved Laugh In and Goldie hawn! )

The drop swirl soap , one with green base and other with orange base is scented with All Souls Day FO by NS. It smells like skittles!! I love it! I was thinking jelly beans but it looks like a Goldie Hawn Laugh-In background for those who remember 😂

Definitely reminiscent of the era! My mother upholstered one of our living room chairs with bright (even brighter than your Laugh-In background Jelly Beany soaps!) with a glaringly psychedelic fabric during that era. Today it would make me run from the room; then it was par for the course. It makes a stunning soap design. Well done on all of them!

Definitely reminiscent of the era! My mother upholstered one of our living room chairs with bright (even brighter than your Laugh-In background Jelly Beany soaps!) with a glaringly psychedelic fabric during that era. Today it would make me run from the room; then it was par for the course. It makes a stunning soap design. Well done on all of them!
I can picture the chair lol. Thank you earlene!❤️

Back