Solid palm oil vs. liquid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selah925

Reaction score
I have been searching to buy palm oil, but noticed that some (spectrum organic palm oil) came in crisco-like form and others, came in liquid form. Does it matter which I use?

Thanks!

Sorry for all the questions!

I think that the pure plam oil is solid at cooler temps. If it doesn't solidify at colder temps, you might have a mixture of oils there. Important for lye calculating to determine the exact oils. Read labels carefully, or contact suppliers and ask what's exactly in the oil, and the proportions. Some won't tell you.

the palm from columbus foods seems like it should be liquid since they sell the stuff in jugs - but at room temp it's SOLID.

the joy of the stuff from spectrum (or the no-stir palm from columbus foods) is that you needn't melt down and stir up the whole shebang before using it.

see in regular palm, the stearic settles out when it's liquid so unless it's stirred to keep it homogenous as it cools then when you scoop out what you need you might not get quite what you expect.

am I making any sense?

Back