Soleseife trials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Soaped three batches today.. Two tiny, one slightly bigger but pics tomorrow coz I was lazy to take some haha
One of three batches. This is a soleseife with coconut milk total water replacement, and dead sea mud. Both are a first for me in CP and in brine soap. I cut em too early, worrying about cutting too late lol so they were bendy haha
_20190903_235616.JPG

The rest of the soap batter went in individual molds but they're nothing special.

One tiny batch is just a test, not impressive enough for me to want to take pics lol. I'll post it with the other tests sometime soon maybe..

The other tiny batch was me attempting to HP soleseife, after I did the CP one above. The texture turned out weird and only one pattern was distinct enough. The pic is also much more ochre than it actually is.
_20190904_003051.JPG

I'm not sure I want to attempt that again..... Let's see haha

I love that mold!! And I agree, the HP one looks like an ancient relic or something:cool:

Beautiful! Made me think I have a ton of embossing folders and wonder if I can use them for soap too.

Thanks guys! I'll put the HP one for display in the bathroom once it cures lol like my soap stones.

Beautiful! Made me think I have a ton of embossing folders and wonder if I can use them for soap too.
This was a flat silicon sheet thing used for cakes actually.. It fit right inside the wooden mold width wise but it's much shorter so I put another wooden mold standing upright against the end. I think as long as it's heat resistant yours should work.

I recall my first Soleseife in a mold with an intricate pattern. It didn't look as good as when a nice smooth soap batter came out of the mold. I concluded fine detail works best with smooth soap, but not so well with salty soap.

But the design you have is very pretty.

Latest posts

Back